top of page

Home > Policyholders > Feedback & Complaints

Feedback & Complaints

Our aim is to provide you with a high quality services at all times, although we do appreciate that there may be instances where you feel it is necessary to make a complaint.


If you do wish to complain, please note the steps below, along with the contact details for each step.

Important Note

Should you wish to direct your complaint directly to the insurer of your structural warranty policy in the first instance, you may do so by using the contact information referenced in your policy document.

Step 1 - Contact Q

In the first instance, contact Q on the following email addresses (dependent on whether your complaint relates to a claim or something else):

General Complaints:

Claims Complaints: 

You can also contact Q's Claims and Complaints Teams by telephone on 0333 577 2800 .


Please note: our phone lines are open Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm, however we would recommend using the appropriate email above since this will be the fastest way to get a full response from our team


What will we do?

We will assess your complaint fairly and consistently so that we can determine whether it should be upheld and, if so, what remedial action is appropriate. 

We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days from receipt and will aim to respond as fully as possible within a further 5 working days

Step 2 - Contact our Principal

Should you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint from Q, and your complaint relates to Q's service, you can contact our FCA Principal, International Financial Security Limited by email at

You can also contact IFS on 01752 910 400 or at Trot House, 11 Fore Street, Torpoint, Cornwall, PL11 2AB.

Step 3 - Contact the Underwriter

Should you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint from Q, your legal rights are not affected and you may refer your complaint onwards depending upon who the underwriter of the policy is.

Please refer to your policy booklet for details of who the underwriter of your policy is and their contact details. 

Step 4 - Contact the FOS

If you remain dissatisfied after the underwriter has considered your complaint, if you are an eligible complainant, you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. The Financial Ombudsman Service is an independent service in the UK for settling disputes between consumers and businesses providing financial services.

The contact information is: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
T:    0800 0234 567 (calls to this number are free on mobile phones and landlines)    
T:    0300 1239 123 (calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers)

An Eligible Complainant is defined as:

  • Any private individual

  • Any business with a turnover of less than £6.5 million and less than 50 staff or has a balance sheet total or less than £5 million (small business)

  • A charity which has an annual income of less than £6.5 million

  • A trustee of a trust which has a net asset value of less than £5 million (small business)

  • An individual who has given a guarantee or security in respect of an obligation or liability of a small business

bottom of page